The Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery only considers students who have demonstrated above average academic, clinical and professional abilities.
- Evidence of successful academic achievement in completing a baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program or an MSN Bridge program.
- Students with an undergraduate BSN GPA of less than 3.2 are required to present test scores from the GRE (Graduate Record Exam), MAT (Miller Analogies Test) or GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test), to be considered for admission into LaSalle University. Please submit the GREs or MATs scores with your application to the Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery.
- Current RN licensure in Pennsylvania or your state of residence/employment. A copy of current RN licensure (display portion) must be submitted with application materials.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience in a critical care setting. The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs defines a critical care setting:
- Critical care experience must be obtained in a critical care area within the United States, its territories or a US military hospital outside of the United States. During this experience, the registered professional nurse has developed critical decision making and psychomotor skills, competency in patient assessment, and the ability to use and interpret advanced monitoring techniques. A critical care area is defined as one where, on a routine basis, the registered professional nurse manages one or more of the following: invasive hemodynamic monitors (e.g., pulmonary artery, central venous pressure, and arterial catheters), cardiac assist devices, mechanical ventilation, and vasoactive infusions. Examples of critical care units may include but are not limited to: surgical intensive care, cardiothoracic intensive care, coronary intensive care, medical intensive care, pediatric intensive care, and neonatal intensive care. Those who have experiences in other areas may be considered provided they can demonstrate competence with managing unstable patients, invasive monitoring, ventilators, and critical care pharmacology.
- ‘Statement of Interest’ detailing the candidates desire to pursue a career in nurse anesthesia practice. Please include short and long term goals.
- A current curriculum vitae detailing professional growth and opportunities experienced since high school graduation.
- Three completed ‘Professional Reference Forms’. Please note that reference/recommendation must be submitted from the following individuals:
- Nurse manager
- Physician (M.D. or D.O.) familiar with your critical care nursing skills
- 1 additional healthcare professional (unit charge RN, medical unit director, physician, CRNA etc.) familiar with your professional nursing skills. Please do NOT submit a letter of reference form from a peer nursing colleague.
- Evidence of 15 hours of shadowing experience with an anesthesia provider. A qualified anesthesia provider that may submit the ‘Shadowing Form’ must be a:
- Submit ‘official copies’ of transcripts from all colleges, universities or schools of nursing attended since high school.
- Please print out the ‘Application for Admission’ form. Complete the application for admission form and submit with the stipulated application fee payable to:
Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia
Karabots Professional Office Building
1330 Powell Street, Suite 608
Norristown, PA 19401