HISTORY OF THE FRANK J. TORNETTA SCHOOL OF ANESTHESIA
The Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia was founded under the direction of Frank J. Tornetta, M.D., Ph.D. in 1951. It has graduated over 550 students, who have and are serving in hospitals throughout all parts of the country, the Armed Services, facilities of the Veteran’s Administration and areas that are medically underserved. Many of these graduates have grown professionally and attained faculty positions, administrative teaching positions and Program Administrator positions in nurse anesthesia programs. They are held in high esteem for their clinical and academic practices. The school has developed a favorable reputation not only in the community but also throughout the country. Furthermore, because of its longevity, the school continues to uphold a strong sense of tradition.
The first Master of Science (MS) in Anesthesia and Healthcare Administration was offered in conjunction with St. Joseph’s University from 1989 to 1998. An academic partnership with LaSalle University School of Nursing, which formed in 1998, now provides a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree upon program completion.